1 - To book your road test go to: Book your Road Test On Line and follow instructions.
2- How your certificate is issued:
- Once you have successfully completed all components of your full course, Sara’s KW Driving Academy will certify you on-line using the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Beginner Driver Education (BDE) system.
- Your driver record will be updated by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO). Your certificate becomes a permanent part of your Driving Record.
Students Requiring Certificate for insurance:
- If you want a paper copy of your certificate for insurance (some insurance companies may still insist on having a paper copy), you need to obtain it directly from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO). Driving Schools are no longer allowed to issue an official paper Certificate.
To obtain your certificate, you have three choices:
- Apply in person at any Services Ontario Office
Kitchener Waterloo offices are located at:
- 16-105 Lexington, Waterloo, (519) 746-8332
- 30 Manitou Dr, Kitchener, (519) 893-8802
- Ontario St N, (Duke and Ontario St North, RBC building), Downtown Kitchener (519) 571-6043
- Order online and follow instructions.
- By mail:
- If unable to visit a Driver and Vehicle Issuing or Services Ontario Office you may send your request by mail. For further information regarding DLH, please contact Service Ontario at 1-800-387-3445 or 416-235-2999.
- The DLH search can only be requested by the driver’s licence holder, as it contains personal address information. The application (PDF - 78.2 KB) must be signed by the applicant.
MTO guidelines specify that the only person who can order this certificate is the driver’s license holder. We have paid the $15.00 fee for on line certification. The Province will charge you another $12.00 to print your certificate. Please make sure you have the funds available when you go there.